Sometimes life happens, and you don’t have time to do things for yourself that you would like. I feel that it is easier to stop self care then it is to just do it. Self care for me includes healthy eating, yoga, meditation and some form of creative release.
Working two jobs makes it hard to do these things as usually my spare time involves socialising with my friends or sleeping. I had a moment the other day as I looked at my room covered in clothes and old mugs half full of tea and coffee where I acknowledge my self care had slipped. First thing I did was clean my room in order to have a clear head. I must admit, it helped a lot. Having a nice space really contributes to my mental state. Next thing I did was get some groceries that I knew would nourish myself. My housemate had a recipe for a green soup, so we decided to throw a spin on it and make it ourselves.
It was definitely tasty, nourishing and really easy to make. It took around 20 minutes to make and we served it up with a fresh bread roll from the bakery! It was what I needed to get back into the routine of cooking and healthy eating.
Vegan Broccoli and Spinach Soup
2 tablespoon green curry paste
3 cups coconut milk
1 cup water
500 grams broccoli (cut into florets)
3 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh baby spinach
1) Add the green curry paste into a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir for a minute to release flavours.
2) Add the coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer.
3) Once the liquid is simmering add the broccoli.
4) Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
5) Take off heat and add the fresh coriander and baby spinach.
6) Blend with a hand blender until mixture is smoother (I left some chucky bits).
Other Soup Recipes
Quick & Minimal Ingredient Vegan Lentil Soup (dosha balancing food)