It Tuesday, and my Monday was a complete write off because of my weekend. I had a small birthday celebration at my house on Sunday evening which consisted of a lot of snack food and a few too many alcoholic beverages. It made me feel sluggish and a little bit down. This week I want to get back on track with my eating and blog some things I make to raise my vibration. I want to eat clean and healthy and get my vibrations at an all time high again. When our bodies are out of balance it effects out health, surrounding relationships, energy, stress and weight.
How eating clean changes my vibration, body and mind.
About a year ago I started changing my diet to prominently plant based, and cut back on foods high in sugar. I noticed a massive change in my vibration levels. This meant I felt clearer when thinking, I became more rational with decisions and reactions, and I was more aligned emotionally and mentally. Health wise my skin condition is really good, I rarely get sick and my body stays lean even when I stop exercising. Eating ‘clean’ isn’t hard. I still treat myself to ‘junk food’ but I try to keep everything balanced (might be evident with the glass of red wine in the photos).
Foods that work well with me to raise my vibration.
Leafy greens- baby spinach, mixed lettuce
Berries – blueberries, strawberries
Tropical fruits- mangoes, papayas
Carbohydrates – sweet potatoes, potatoes, whole grain bread, brown rice
Green juice and smoothies
Spices- turmeric, cumin, paprika etc
Healthy Fats- coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut cream, avocado
Legumes- chickpeas, lentils, beans
Nuts & seeds- almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds etc
Herbal teas- peppermint, camomile
Treats- salted caramel dark chocolate, red wine, baklava, raw desserts
Head to your local farmers market to pick up organic and fresh produce!
This recipe attached combines many of the foods that make me feel amazing! It is also really easy to make and tastes so good. My plate was vegan but my vegetarian housemate added some cheese to hers.
Loaded Chickpea Potatoes w/ Walnut Side Salad
2 Desiree potatoes (they have the pink skin)
1 can chickpeas (rinsed)
1 zucchini (diced)
1 brown onion (finely diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Toppings- vegan sour cream
Ingredients for side salad
2 cups mixed salad leaves
1 carrot (grated)
1 tablespoon walnuts
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
Dressing- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil & 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses (mix together).
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Cut potatoes in half (long end to long end) and stab the flesh with a fork. Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes.
3) After 10 minutes put the potatoes onto a baking tray with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes (or until soft).
4) Heat 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
5) Add in the brown onion, zucchini and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
6) Add in the chickpeas and Moroccan seasoning and saute for another 4 minutes.
7) Add in the tomato paste and water, mix together and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
8) Prepare salad.
9) Put chickpeas on top of potatoes, serve with vegan sour-cream and side salad.