Who doesn’t like peanut butter? Seriously, is there anyone out there who doesn’t? I would like to meet you! As previously mentioned in my Vegan Protein Smoothie Bowl post, I have increased my exercise with more muscle strengthening in order to take yoga to the next level. Natural peanut butter is a great source of healthy fats, carbs and protein. I enjoy it on toast, on bananas/apples and in my oats.
This overnight oats recipes was so good. The cinnamon in it helps regulate healthy blood sugar levels and studies have proven that it can actually speed up your metabolism and reduce belly fat. These overnight oats are the perrrrfect post workout breakfast!
Vegan Peanut Butter & Cinnamon Overnight Oats
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon dates
1 banana (cut into coins)
1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
I used a 350 ml jar
1) Cover the bottom of the jar with the banana coins.
2) On top of the banana, add 1/2 cup of rolled oats, half of the chia seeds and half the cinnamon. Mix together.
3) Smear some natural peanut butter around the jar.
4) Add a layer of dates on top of the oats.
5) Add the rest of the oats, cinnamon and chia seeds.
6) Cover all ingredients with almond milk and agave syrup (syrup will soak through overnight for natural sweetness).
7) Let oats sit over night.
8) In the morning top the oats with the rest of the banana, peanut butter, nuts and seeds.
Peace and love to all!