A few days ago I posted a recipe for a Tropical Vegan Breakfast Smoothie. I still had most of the fruit that I used in the smoothie sitting in my fridge. I have been trying to use up everything I have in my fridge before going to buy more food. This ensures that I am not wasting anything which, in turn, saves me money too.
Last night while cooking dinner I decided to try out an overnight oats recipes to use up some food that I had. I am so happy that I did because overnight oats are my new favourite thing. The beauty is, you can throw whatever you like in, and breakfast is good to go first thing in the morning. This recipe is sweet, creamy and satisfying.
Vegan Mango & Coconut Overnight Oats
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 mango (Chopped into small cubes)
1/4 cup papaya (Chopped into small cubes)
1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
1 cup coconut milk
* I used a 350 ml jar*
1) Mash a banana and put it in the bottom of a jar.
2) Use half the cup of oats and top the banana.
3) Use half the tablespoon of chia seeds and top the oats.
4) Use half of the chopped fruits and top the chia seeds.
5) Repeat process (eg. cover with the rest of the oats and chia seeds).
6) Pour the coconut milk ontop of everything in the jar, cover with lid and let oats sit over night (make sure the milk covers all ingredients).
* In the morning*
7) Top your oats with the agave or maple syrup, the rest of the chopped fruits and the shredded coconut.
Enjoy! Do you guys make overnight oats? Be sure to send me some recipes if you do!
>> Stuck for breakfast? Try my Healthy Vegan Chocolate Porridge <<