I have had an insane sweet craving the past few days that I cannot shake! I’ve always been a sucker for sweets. But, in turn, they generally end up making me feel bloated and sick. I woke this morning still craving sweets so I decided to make some pancakes. I had a punnet of blueberries in my fridge so it was the perfect excuse to use them. These pancakes are delicious. They are soft and fluffy, filling, healthy and easy. They also satisfied my sweet craving and kept me full for hours.
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes w/ Lemon Syrup
Makes 8 pancakes
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon coconut butter (can use coconut oil)
1 large ripe banana
3/4 cup almond milk
1 lemon zest
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Lemon Syrup Ingredients
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup (or agave)
Juice of 1 lemon
1) Combine the flour, oats, baking powder and lemon zest in a bowl.
2) Mash the banana and mix in the coconut butter and almond milk.
3) Add the ‘wet’ ingredients into the ‘dry’ ingredient and mix until smooth. Carefully stir in the blueberries.
4) In a large frying pan (on medium heat) melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter until the butter is sizzling.
5) Spoon 1 tablespoon of pancake mixture into the frying pan and cook until pancakes have risen and are a golden brown colour (around 3 minutes each side).
6) Mix together the ingredients for the lemon syrup.
7) Pour the syrup and put the toppings on top of your pancakes. Enjoy!