If you haven’t tried zoodles (zucchini noodles) yet, then it is time. Zoodles are so easy to make and can be used in so many different recipes. It is the perfect way to get more vegetables in your diet, while tricking yourself that you are eating noodles.
I love everything about this recipe because it requires minimal ingredients (I almost always have these ingredients in my fridge), and it makes both the zoodle ingredients and the sauce. It also takes only 10 minutes to make! Everyone wins here.
I have been making this recipe at least once a week now, I love how light this meal is and how much nutrients are packed into one dish. All you need for it is a spiralizer (to make ze zoodles). If you don’t have one, try using a vegetable peeler.
Creamy Vegan Pesto Zoodles
Ingredients for Zoodles
3 large zucchinis (spiralized)
1 spanish onion (thinly sliced)
1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
Ingredients for Creamy Pesto Sauce
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon crushed almonds
1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
1. Spiralize the zucchinis (to make the zoodles).
2. Make your pesto sauce by blending all pesto ingredients together in a food processor until smooth – put aside.
3. Saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes in a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and zoodles to the frying pan and saute for a further 3 minutes.
5. Take the zoodles off the heat and let cool for a few minutes before stirring in the pesto sauce.
6. Serve, then top with the toppings!